News & Policies
Type C Work Permits Can be Applied Within 2 Years of Graduation
According to the new version of Guide to Foreign Graduates (Category C) for Application for the Work Permit released on October 16, foreign college graduates can now apply for category C work permits within two years of graduation (the previous time limit was within one year of graduation).
The following are some Important Information from the guide:
-- Scope of Application
Foreign graduates referred to in this Guide are categorized into international students and foreign graduates from any of overseas universities, specifically:
1. International students from any of the universities in Shanghai with a bachelor or above degree who intend to work in China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone, Zhangjiang National Innovation Demonstration Zone, Lingang Special Area, or Hongqiao Central Business District, or to be employed by any organization included in Shanghai sci-tech innovation occupation list.
2. Outstanding international students from any of the universities in China with a master’s or above degree who intend to work in Shanghai.
Foreign graduates(from any of overseas universities)
1. Outstanding foreign graduates from any of world-known foreign universitieswith a bachelor or above degree, intending to work in China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone, Zhangjiang National Innovation Demonstration Zone, Lingang Special Area, or Hongqiao Central Business District, or to be employed by any organization included in Shanghai sci-tech innovation occupation list.
2. Outstanding foreign graduates from any of world-known universities with a master or above degree, intending to work in Shanghai.
-- Applicable Objects
Basic Requirements for Applicants
1. Aged 18 and healthy.
2. Having obtained corresponding academic qualification, degree and professional skills for work.
3. Having no bad behavior records at school.
4. No criminal record.
5. Having graduated within two years.
6. Having a specific clearly-defined employer in normal operation and conduction of activities by law within the administration of Shanghai. The employer shall offer a job that fits in with his/her major. The salary shall be no lower than the average of local urban employees.
7. Having valid passports or any other equivalent international travel certificates, and having entered China with other visas or a valid residence permit in China.
8. Other conditions prescribed by laws and regulations.
-- Basic Requirements for Employers
1. Employers shall be established by law with actual business premises, pay taxes and social insurances according to law, without serious illegal and dishonest acts; the employment of foreigners shall be for special needs and the appropriate candidates are in short supply domestically in China; the salary or remuneration for those foreigners shall not be lower than the local minimum wage.
2. For pre-approval by the industry competent authority by law, it shall be approved.
-- Examination and Approval Period
1. Preliminarily review period:
Five working days (after the complete and qualified documents are submitted)
2. Review period:
Ten working days (after the original paper documents are confirmed at the reception window)
In case of special circumstances requiring an extension of time limit, the reception authority or the decision-making authority shall handle the matter as appropriate.